Problem seeing Wiimote.

Aug 30, 2008 at 4:34 AM
Edited Aug 30, 2008 at 1:51 PM
I installed the blue tooth software, connected OK to the Wiimote, ran Wiiplaythedrums, connected and played with the prog for a few minutes. Closed down the progs, went for supper, came back down a few hours later to set up two Wiimotes. They connected OK to the blue tooth software, but get an error when I try to connect using wiiplaythedrums. The error basically says the wiimotes can not be detected, are they connected?

Anyone have any ideas? I did try rebooting.

Strange that it worked once, then never again.

Also, I noticed that the wiimote stays in discovery mode (4 lights blinking) even though my bluetooth software says its connected. Then when I hit the test for connection in wiplaythedrums, the light locks on the player one led, and then I get the error.

Thanks.

Dave.

UPDATE:

Sorry, should have tried this first. I updated the software and I am now able to connect reliably. Two Wiimotes.
I am using a Mogo bluetooth adapter that ships with a version  BlueSoleil that was giving me problems. I downloaded a trial version of the latest and it works fine. Limited data transfer though, then you have to restart it.

Coordinator
Aug 30, 2008 at 4:43 PM
The versions of BlueSoleil before 6.2 are no good and will cause blue screens.  The BlueSoleil team fixed this just recently with their newest release.  The trial version allows 2mb transfer then it will stop, but you can just unplug the adapter, then plug it back in and connect your wiimotes again and off you go for another 2mb of data transfer.  I highly recommend just paying for the software instead, it is priced well.

Andre - Project Coordinator